Pages

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Technology Tip Tuesday!


Well unfortunately I missed yesterday teacher's week portion, but I have a bit to share today.  I have been getting my ducks in a row for the new school year like everyone else- I finally received my class list. 

One thing that I can live without in my classroom - I know it sounds corny but the Internet!  I am very annoyed when I have something planned and I am excited about and they are doing something with the hub, or the server is down.  This leaves to the love of my trusty Smartboard.  I use my own presentations or download them from the Internet.
I would love for it to be mounted like some of the new models in my building; however I do like the option of rearranging my room the way I like it, and not around the board.

My go to math sites are Pearson Success due to the fact that we use Pearson Envisions Math.  The program has great components that are very useful.



As a teacher in the testing grade I use different sites to review concepts such Practice Practice it was great in prior years I reckon they will make changes according to CCSS.

I am very eager this year to use Remind101.  This seems amazing and its free. 
 


I am also trying out Xtramath.org - Its a non profit organization dedicated to math achievement for all.  You sign up for FREE, then make a class list.  It selects children to begin with a limit given, and it even prompts the child to tell the next its his/her turn.  Talk about management.  I found this surfing/stalking but unfortunately I can't remember where.  I would love to thank them if I haven't already. :-).

 _________________________________________________________________________________

Question- Any cool birthday treat ideas for fifth graders! Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I am glad I am not the only one who goes nuts when the internet is down or the SMART Board is broken! I am also using and sharing remind101 this year! I found your blog on the Blog Hop and I'm your newest follower!

    Sent From My iPad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Nikki, and thanks for stopping by. Isn't that such a let down when the server isn't working or the board malfunctions at the wrong time. The joys of teaching! See you around, and have a happy school year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!