Pages

Monday, September 24, 2012

Messy Moody Monday!

Ok so Monday's are usually a trying day; however today was very busy day.  I had an early wardrobe malfunction.  I wore the wrong pants that I forgot to get hemmed.  Now I will definitely have to get the tailored. 

Assessment assessments and more assessments!  I love assessing my students however sometimes I feel like enough is enough, and I want to TEACH already.  This put me in a real funk, but 12:00pm.  To top it off my students are slacking on homework and I don't understand.  It is the beginning of the year.  Come one already.  I am a homework teacher.  I believe in reinforcement, and that you can work to your potential- if you try.  Some of my struggling students are not completing their homework and it is frustrating me.  We sit and conference, in small group, and during extended day; which is an extra 37.5 minutes.  Yeah I said 37.5 minutes its a whole contractual thing lol.

I don't even overload them.  I think their still in summer mode.  WAKE UP I say it is almost October, and 2013 will be here in no time.  UGH I was annoyed I didn't give them their grades from their test on Friday either.  I told them if they didn't do their homework why should I share my homework with them.  Of course I will give them their scores, but I want my work without any excuses.

So tomorrow is another day, and I'm hoping that our rounding decimals lesson runs smoothly.  I have a ppt prepared (I am going to convert it to a prezi soon), differentiated small group instruction with a smile.  Some of my lovely have to finish publishing their 5th grade goals from yesterday's post.

Here is a level tasked that I created for rounding decimals.  I am going to use it during small group instruction tomorrow, then later put it in a folder for a center.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!