Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

Week 5

This wss a better Monday, and we began week 5 off with a great start.  Tomorrow we have testing (not state) just a post test and a pre test for Math.  At the beginning of each topic we give a pre test , and then after the topic has been taught the post test is given.  We're ending Decimals, and beginning Multiplying Whole Numbers.
 
It's a headached but we can see the pattern of errors early and where the student is not meeting standard.  So tomorrow will be a very long and boring math day.  I will be actively watching the students, and finishing charts that I began earlier today.  Thanks to the Ginger Snaps , those anchor chart ideas were great and refreshing.
 
 
 
Take a look at Ginger Snaps page, they are too cute!  The link is above.
 
This weeks foci will be on the new common core instructional shifts in mathematics- FOCUS, COHERENCY, FLUENCY, DEEPER UNDERSTANDING, APPLICATION, and DUAL INTENSITY. I will post about these shifts later on this week; however I love how the state puts a new name to what have already done in the classroom for years. :-)
 
 

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. HI Kim:)
    Thank you so much for inviting me to your blog! I LOVE the colors:) I'm so excited to have you for my friend!
    xox
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by, and thanks for the compliment.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments!